Sterile Absorbable Oxidised Cellulose Haemostat - stops capillary bleeding and parechymatous tissue bleeds.
2 Minutes to Haemostasis
Absorbed after 12 to 72 hours
BLOODCARE net is a knitted textile form of oxidised cellulose and is available in 2 sizes i.e.
1. 100 x 200 mm
2. 50 x 75 mm
For applications requiring a more denser textile form of oxidised cellulose click on BLOODCARE matrix. The matrix is available in 4 sizes which includes the 100 x 100mm and 50 x 12.5mm respectively.
BLOODCARE net can be purchased direct or via the NHS Supply Chain catalogue at a discounted price with additional savings possible by choosing one of 3 commitment discount options.
To order direct or go to the listed product in the NHS Supply Chain catalogue see below:
The BLOODCARE net design gives the product superior mechanical strength differentiating it from other haemostats, resulting in the following benefits:
- Easy to handle even when wet.....it does not disintegrate on contact with fluids
- Does not ‘curl up’ when cut making position easier
- Ideal for use down a laparoscope
- Can be sutured into position if necessary
- Storage at room temperature (5-25° C) no fridge required
- Full haemostasis achieved within 2 minutes after application
- Typically the net is fully absorbed within 12 to 72 hours
- and eliminated from the body within 7 to 21 days, leaving no deposit behind
- Biocompatible, biodegradable, non-acidifying haemostatic preparation of natural origin
- Hypoallergenic - no sensitive features have been reported, no immune-reactions have
been initiated, even after repeated application
- Promotes the healing process in wounds
- Causes no irritating reactions on the application area and no granuloms are formed
- Has bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties due to the presence of carboxyl groups
- No adverse effects have been reported to date
For more clinical and technical information please download the BLOODCARE net Data Sheet